March 1st to 29th
Battn at Cadre strength. No training carried out.
4 Officers from 8th Bn YORK & LANCASTER REGT. attached to this Battalion.
Dispersal Parties left TAVERNELLE on dates stated.
4th 6 OR's
8th 3 Officers
10th 3 Officers & 4 OR's
One officer proceeded to GHQ School 20/3/19 as Instructor in Motor Mechanics.
Two officers proceeded to 8th Bn YORK & LANCASTER REGT. 26/3/19
Lt Col S.D. RUMBOLD C.M.G. D.S.O. M.C. proceeded to 8th BN YORK & LANCASTER REGT. & Capt. L. TESTER took over command.
On 20th inst. all Mobilization Equipment was handed in at TAVERNELLE.
On 29th inst. the CADRE left TAVERNELLE for ENGLAND.
That is the last entry in the war diary for the 9th Battalion York & Lancaster Regiment. It appears that everyone has gone home. BL
The Health of the Battalion during the month was good.
(signed) S.D. Rumbold Lieutenant-Colonel
Commanding 9th Battalion York and lancaster Regiment
24. to} Battalion at Cadre strength with a few men attached.
23. Church Services.
22. Battalion reduced to a CADRE with about 20 Other Ranks attached.
21 Dispersal party of 23 O.R's. left TAVERNELLE. The draft for FIUME left Battalion and entrained at TAVERNELLE.
20 The whole of the draft for FIUME were inspected by the Commander-in-Chief.
19. The whole of the draft for FIUME were inspected by the Commanding Officer.
18. Inspection of Draft for Army of Occupation by C.O. Dispersal Party of 6 O.R's. left TAVERNELLE. Draft of 12 officers and 660 O.R's. arrived from the 69th Brigade for FIUME and were attached to this Battalion.
17. Instruction in Guard Mounting etc. Inspection of interior economy arrangements by C.O.. Dispersal party of 19 O.R's. left TAVERNELLE.
16. Church Services.
15. Inspection of Transport personel by C.O. Baths. Dispersal party of 4 O.R's. left Tavernelle.
14. Re-organisation of battalion after previous day's parade. Dispersal party of 13 O.R's. left TAVERNELLE. Major G.L. Pyman, D.S.O., M.C. proceeded to England for dispersal.
13. Battalion re-formed into two units, viz., party for Army of Occupation and party eligible for demobilization. baths. A six-a-side Football Competition arranged.
12. Kit and clothing inspections by Second-in-Command. Inspection of all N.C.Os. by C.O.
10. Battn. moved to TERROSSA. 4 O.R's. proceeded to England for dispersal.
9. Church Services. Party of 1 officer & 20 O.R's. left TAVERNELLE for dispersal.
8. Physical Training, Arms Drill,Squad Drill. Education Classes. Baths. Dispersal Party of 33 O.R's. left TAVERNELLE.
7.Every N.C.O. and man inspected by Medical Officer for scabies. Education classes.Dispersal Party of 22 O.R's. left TAVERNELLE
6. Lecture on "Demobilization" by C.O. for all men who did not attend previous day.
Lecture by Brigade Re-enlistment Officer - subject: - "Re-enlistment".
Education Classes. Baths.
5. Lecture on "Demobilization" by C.O. Battalion Route March. Education Classes.
4. Physical Training, Close Order Drill, Discipline Parades. Education Classes. baths. Dispersal Party of 17 O.R's. left TAVERNELLE.
3. Brigade Route March. Dispersal Party of 13 O.R's. left TAVERNELLE.
2. Church Services.
1. Dispersal Party of 13 Other Ranks left TAVERNELLE.
Montecchio di Crosara