Sickness During this month, the health of the Battalion was good, the prevailing desease being I.C.T.
Education Classes were held daily.
31. Route march
30. Rifle meeting, continued. Kit and Clothing Inspection.
29. Church Services were held during the day.
28. Battalion Physical Drill with Arms. Company Training.
27. Route March
26. General Holiday
25. Church Service in Theatre, Arzignano. The Corps Commander was present at this service.
24. Route March.
23.Range Practices. 1st Stage of Rifle Meeting. First Dispersal Draft of 55 other ranks left the Battalion for the Concentration Camp at “Tavernelle”
22. Church Services were held during the day.
21. Route March.
20. Range Practice. Company Training.
19. Route March. Lecture on “ Economical Resettlement after the War” by Capt. J.E.F. Mann. M.C.
18. Battalion Ceremonial Parade. Company Training. Baths.
17. Interior Economy. Lecture on “Serbia” by Lt. Daly, Divisional Intelligence Officer.
16. The Battalion moved by march route to. “ARZIGNANO”.
15. Church Services were held during the day.
14. Battalion Route March. Baths.
12. Guard Mounting Competition, continued. Interior Economy Competition.
11. Guard Mounting Competition. Baths.
10. Battalion Parade to witness the distribution of the following medals to recipients of Italian Awards as under:-
CROCE d i GUERRA
Major G.L. Pyman D.S.O. M.C. K.O.Y.L.I. Attached 9th Bn. Y. & L. Regt.
Capt. J.P. Shaw M.C. R.A.M.C. Attached 9th Bn. Y. & L. Regt.
SILVER MEDAL FOR VALOUR
Lt. Col. S.D. Rumbold. D.S.O. M.C.
Lt. R. Stevenson
BRONZE MEDAL FOR VALOUR
No 7722 C.S.M. W.H. Cooke
No. 10043 Sgt E. Buxton
No 34895 Sgt S. Forbes . D.C.M. M.M.
CROCE di GUERRA
No 34668 Corpl. J.L. Vingoe.
No 240880 Pte A. Edwards. M.M.
No 34424 Sgt. M. Dalton
9. Range Practices. Lecture on the “Colonies.” by “Capt. W.C. Wale. M.C.” Battalion Boxing Tournament.
8. Church Services during the day. Inspection of Billets by Commanding Officer. The Divisional General presented Medals to recipients of British Awards during the recent operations.
7. Range Practices. Baths. Brigade Cross Country Run.
6. Route March. Interior Economy.
5. Rifle and Lewis Gun ranges. Baths. Lecture on (League of Nations) by “Capt A.J. Ellison.”
3. Route March. Lecture on "Civilization's debt to Italy", by Rev. Hudson Shaw.
2. Company training.
1. Church Services were held during the day.
The Battalion Headquarters Company has acquired a typewriter! Instead of being handwritten in pencil, entries are now typed. BL